NTN Traditional Instant Resident Selection System (IRSS)*
IRSS determines tenant worthiness and ensures FHA compliance.
NTN has developed a very simple and straightforward technique to help landlords and managers determine an applicant's "tenant worthiness." The IRSS score is a measure of the applicant's willingness and ability to meet obligations. Using IRSS as a basis for tenant selection provides a consistent, uniform and objective standard that helps minimize the potential for Fair Housing Act complaints. Along with scored retail credit ratings from any one, or all three major credit bureaus, IRSS scoring instantly ranks your applicants according to tenant worthiness:
- Rental recommendations can be based on FICO scores or traditional NTN IRSS scores.
- Allows for decision-making consistency.
- Resident acceptance/rejection range determined by subscriber.
- Provides a summary of the retail credit report.
- Satisfies fair housing requirements (e.g., no one rejected based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.). Only the objective score is used.
- Provides an instant rejection letter, if applicable.
* Subscriber must be fully credentialed
Resident screening package benefits:
- Receive management reports.
- Get an objective analysis of the areas from which your properties attract applicants. Their income ranges and scores determined by NTN products are critical to refining acceptance criteria and resident selection policies. NTN solutions help landlords maintain occupancy, improve cash flow and protect their bottom line.
- Maintain sensitivity to security issues.
- Account configuration allows NTN's system to eliminate delivery of the applicant's credit report to anyone other than the account administrator. Sensitive consumer data remains secure within the NTN national system.
- Fine-tune your criteria.
- NTN scoring allows subscribers to establish criteria for each property subscribed. You have the flexibility to use our default settings or to set your own acceptance criteria. The system provides a final verdict: accept, reject or accept with conditions.
- Send a pre-printed, Fair Credit compliant rejection letter.
- If the NTN score results in adverse action or rejection, the system automatically provides a properly formatted, FCRA compliant, rejection letter for delivery to the applicant.
Order reports individually or in combination packages. Contact your local office for pricing.