In order to have full access to retail credit reports, the national retail credit reporting agencies have established new rules requiring that people with access to such reports meet minimum standards to protect the sensitive data contained in retail credit reports.
The process to be fully credentialed is simple. You will be required to:
- Confirm your identity by providing NTN with a copy of your business license and/or driver's license.
- Provide proof of ownership of rental property.
- Provide articles of incorporation if you are an incorporated business.
- Provide an assumed business name filing or individual retail report if you are a sole proprietor or a partnership. A subscriber's status as a real estate owner or manager may also be verified by examining a reputable directory, such as the telephone book, rental association listing, or website.
- Pass an on-site inspection of the location where the reports are accessed and stored. The inspection is conducted by a bureau approved third-party inspection company.